Smoky Chipotle Dressing
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
1 ½ tsp ancho chili powder (or regular chili powder)
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
6 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
Toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
This smooth and creamy soup is easy to make and will warm you up all winter long. Made with butternut squash, spices and Mother Raw Smoky Chipotle dressing, it’s got lots of flavour with minimal ingredients! Top with toasted pepitas and cilantro for a pop of colour.
1. Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat and drizzle in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the onion and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add in the butternut squash along with the spices and salt. Toss to combine and cook for one minute.
3. Pour in the vegetable broth and Mother Raw dressing and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, until squash is tender.
4. Carefully transfer the soup to a large blender and blend until smooth (or use an immersion blender to purée).
5. Divide into bowls and top with toasted seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!
Spiced Chipotle Squash Soup
Get the RAW Truths About Common Ingredients
The Raw Truth, what's really in your dressing?