Whether you’re meal prepping for the week or serving it up at a dinner party, this easy quinoa salad recipe is unbeetable! The combination of citrusy oranges, nutrient-rich beets and high protein quinoa is perfectly complemented by our zesty Mother Raw Greek Dressing & Marinade.
- 3 small beets, any colour will do
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Mother Raw Greek Dressing & Marinade
- Handful of torn fresh basil
- Sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chopped oranges
- 1/4 cup halved and pitted black sun-dried olives
- 3 cups baby arugula
Preheat oven to 400° F. Wrap beets in foil and roast in oven for about an hour.
Meanwhile, bring quinoa and broth to boil in a saucepan. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before fluffing quinoa in a bowl then stir in basil, parsley, oranges and olives.
Once beets are cooked, let cool; peel and cut into wedges.
Scatter arugula onto platter and scoop quinoa mixture over top. Finish with beets and a generous drizzle of dressing to serve and share.