Most of us have been spending more time at home lately, and home is where the fridge is. Let’s be real: one of the best parts of hanging out at home is having access to all. the. snacks. Whether you’re the snack-all-day-long type or you prefer a snack plate over a hot lunch, you can never have too many ideas for what to munch on. As your plant-based partners in crime, you can count on us to inspire you with the best vegan savoury snacks.
Get into dips
We couldn’t make a snack list without sharing our favourite dips for chips and crackers.
- If you like a little spice in your life, check out our Mother Raw Spicy Vegan Queso. It’s one of our favourite vegan dips for chips - easiest nachos ever!
- This lemony tahini hummus with sumac is the perfect vegan cracker dip that’s also delicious with pita chips or raw veggies.
- Take your love for ranch to the next level with this amazing recipe for ranch dip with roasted chickpeas and pomegranate. You’re welcome!
DIY snack plates
Lunchtime charcuterie instead of a sandwich? Count us in. Pull together all of your favourite fruits, veggies, proteins, grains and dips in one Instagram-worthy place. We love how versatile these graze boards can be, plus they’re a super simple solution for lunch or dinner - no cook time necessary.
Keeping small snacks on hand throughout the day can help you stay full and get your fill of nutrients even on the busiest days.
- Roasted chickpeas are one of our favourite high protein vegan snacks on the go. They’re easy to make and when it comes to flavour, the world (or your spice drawer) is your oyster!
- Edamame is rich in fibre, protein, and antioxidants (Healthline). Keep frozen, shelled edamame on hand for a quick, delicious veggie snack. Check out these five ways to try it and you’re bound to find a fave. It’s also ah-mazing dipped into our Mother Raw French Onion Dip, if we do say so ourselves!
- You can’t go wrong with a classic. Make your own trail mix with your favourite nuts, seeds, and a hint of something sweet! (Pro tip: these maple fig candied pecans will really kick it up a notch.)
If you’re always looking to have more easy bites on hand, vegan snack boxes might be right up your alley. There are lots of different vegan subscription boxes to choose from. Who wouldn’t love a box of snacks that come right to your door?
Snacks as meals
A major perk of adulting? Eating snacks for dinner just because you feel like it. These crispy baked avocado fries are one plant-based snack we can’t get enough of. And these BBQ cauliflower wings are another. YUM.
If you weren’t already, we’re pretty confident you’ll be snacking like a boss now! Did we miss one of your favourite snack ideas? Show us what you’ve got on Instagram.