Sometimes all your want is a big bowl of delicious plants! That's where the Plant-based BLT comes in. (Tempeh) Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and croutons combine for one epic combo. Serve it as a protein-packed main or a side.
- Earthbound Farm Romaine Leaves
- Mother Raw Ranch Dressing
- A loaf of your favorite bread (we love a whole grain baguette!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce, if you prefer)
- lime wedge
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and slice your bread into small cubes. Arrange cubes on a lined backing sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cubes are golden.
2. Slice the block of tempeh into strips. Mince the garlic, squeeze in the lime and add to a bowl along with maple syrup, balsamic, tamari and olive oil. Mince the garlic clove and place in a medium bowl. Add the tempeh to the bowl and toss well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3. In a large nonstick skillet at medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add tempeh to skillet and cook until browned on both sides. Save the marinade and add periodically as the tempeh is cooking for extra moisture and flavor. Cook for about 3-5 minutes o n each side.
4. Once tempeh is cooked, you're ready to plate! Chop up the avocado and arrange romaine, tempeh, cherry tomatoes and croutons in a big bowl. Drizzle with Ranch dressing and dig in