- 4 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 2 ½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing (or avocado oil)
½ cup Mother Raw Japanese dressing
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced thin on the bias
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- ½ tsp Nanami Togarashi, for garnish (optional)
- White rice, for serving (optional)
Our Japanese-inspired veggie “steak” is
sure to delight. This dish is easy to prepare and melts in your mouth.
Serve it to guests, or enjoy it solo, either way it will definitely
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Score the eggplant in a crisscross pattern, without cutting the outer skin. Brush very well with oil and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the Mother Raw Japanese dressing and miso paste.
Place the cut-side down on the grill and cook for three to four minutes, until light golden brown.
Turn the eggplant over and cook for three minutes, brush the cut-side with the Japanese miso dressing.
Turnover and cook for 30 seconds up to one minute, just to slightly caramelize the cut side.
Remove and place on a baking sheet or platter.
Top with green onions, sesame seeds and nanami togarashi (if using). Serve with rice if desired. Enjoy!
Miso Japanese Grilled Eggplant Steak
Get the RAW Truths About Common Ingredients
The Raw Truth, what's really in your dressing?