This simple and delicious take on a classic southwest salad will leave you wanting more. The black beans add a punch of plant-based protein and the quick and easy avocado dressing is made with Mother Raw Ranch Dressing & Marinade for an extra creamy kick!
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Mother Raw Ranch Dressing & Marinade
- 1 clove minced garlic (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 chopped tomato
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 sliced green onion
- 2 generous handfuls of tortilla chips
Avocado Ranch Dressing
Mash avocado with dressing and extra garlic (we think the more the better). Set dressing aside.
Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil and add barley. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook covered for about 25 minutes until tender and a little chewy. Drain well and mix with remaining ingredients. Toss with avocado dressing and sprinkle with tortilla chips to serve. Ole!
Get the RAW Truths About Common Ingredients
The Raw Truth, what's really in your dressing?