“Turnip” the heat during the colder months with this oven roasted vegetable, garlic and herb extravaganza. Mother Raw Maple Fig Vinaigrette & Marinade brings out the best of the season with this simple crave-worthy dish. Add this colourful dish to the dinner table or load it on spinach for an extra dose of greens.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped, or substitute 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 full head of chopped garlic
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, divided
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Mother Raw Maple Fig Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Large bundle of swiss chard or kale
- 2 red peppers, coarsely chopped
- Extra dressing for drizzling
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss together rutabaga, turnip, carrots, garlic, parsley, one sprig of rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle in dressing and toss well to coat. Spread evenly on large parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and add swiss chard, peppers and remaining rosemary. Pop them in the oven again for another round - about 20 minutes or until golden.
Drizzle with extra dressing to taste.
Get the RAW Truths About Common Ingredients
The Raw Truth, what's really in your dressing?